Sunday, January 8, 2012

BIM Based Parametric design

These days I am working on Visualizing Parametric Design for Revit. A very good start has been done by Ian Keough. He is working on a Revit add-in named Dynamo. Dynamo is an early exploration into programming for Revit. I have downloaded the source form github and trying to understand the code. In the next step I will add the "Mathematics Buttons" to Dynamo. Math nodes are very easy to implement, yet missing in Dynamo.

For those of you have problem installing Dynamo here is the process:

  1. Go to the github  and download Dynamo
  2. Click on DynamoInstall
  3. Click on Release
  4. Run setup.exe and restart Revit.
I will add a video of the way of installation for the newest version of Dynamo. I will also provide a video that has an example with Math nodes on it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment